Best Places to Dine in Kona!
Kailua-Kona is known for the variety of restaurants and its delicious fare no matter where you go. For those looking for a more high-end dining experience look no further than Huggos. Opened in 1969 as a spot for causal meetups, Huggos has transitioned to a premiere restaurant known for its fresh seafood and oceanfront ambiance.
Another option is dining at the famous Kona Inn. Situated on the waterfront in the heart of old Kona, it offers a beautiful setting with its unobstructed views of the sunset and the crashing waves which break right in front of the restaurant. Local seafood is prime at the Kona Inn and fresh fish is brought in daily. The restaurant is also known for having the best Mai Tai in the Islands!
Drive north on Ali’I drive and you’ll find a plethora of more casual restaurants including Island Ono Loa Grill, Bongo Bens and the Fish Hopper. Lava Java, a popular brunch spot in the area is famous for its eggs benedict.
- Quinn’s Almost By The Sea 75-5655 Palani Road * Kailua-Kona, Hawaii * (808) 329-3822.
The fish and chips are legendary!
- Huggos on the Rocks 75 Kahakai Rd, Kailua-Kona, HI 96740:(808) 329-1493
Super close, you can walk and they have live music. A little fancier than Quinn’s.
- Poncho & Lefty’s 75-5719 Ali’i Dr, Kailua-Kona, HI 96740 (808) 326-2171
Good for Mexican food. A little hard to find, it’s on the right side of Alii Dr (coming from The Reef) You park in the pay for parking behind and go upstairs to the restaurant.
- Kona Brewing Company 74-5612 Pawai Place Kailua Kona, HI 96740 808-334-2739
Fun atmosphere and good food. I like the pizzas.
- Kona Inn Restaurant 75-5744 Ali’i Dr #135, Kailua-Kona, HI 96740 (808) 329-4455
Spectacular sunset views!
- Bongo Ben’s 75-5819 Ali’i Dr, Kailua-Kona, HI 96740 (808) 329-9203
Breakfast and dinner here are good.
- Umekes 75-5595 Palani Rd, Kailua-Kona, HI 96740 (808) 326-7059
Really good rice bowls!